Sooner or later everyone needs an emergency plumber. Whether it be for replacing a water heater, cleaning out clogged drains, remodeling a bathroom, or to help with a plumbing emergency (you’ll know when you’re having an emergency). The question that always arises is which plumber to call when you find yourself in the position of needing one. How do you pick one that is honest in their pricing, know what they are doing so they get the job done as quickly as possible, and are professional and courteous in their service?
The start of a Phoenix plumbing emergency is not the best time to start qualifying a plumbing company. By its nature, an emergency requires swift attention. If you can limit the immediate nature of the emergency however, you may have the time to do a little research on a plumbing group. If for example the plumbing emergency is related to water appearing in areas where it’s not meant to be, the first thing to do is see if you can stop the flow of water. This can be done at the shutoff valve leading into the house or at the water meter itself. Once that is done you can do a little research to help choose an appropriate group.
When doing that research to find a plumbing company that you can fully trust and have complete confidence in for your various plumbing needs, keep in mind a few tips:
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to see what their record looks like regarding complaints.
- How long have they been in business? (this isn’t always indicative of quality but it’s good to know)
- Are the plumbers of the company journeymen plumbers (with a city verification) or simply handymen?
- Call the company and talk to the office manager and one of the plumbers, company culture can usually be seen fairly quickly. If the office manager is polite and professional and the plumber is professional, chances are that group has a culture of professional service that the management has worked hard to implement within the group.
- Do they offer 24 hour emergency service?
There are a lot of plumbing companies in Arizona, many are good groups with professional plumbers and many are not. You want to be sure you have a group you can depend on when an emergency arises or when you have any other plumbing issue you need resolved.